2022-2023 Olympic College Catalog 
    Jul 15, 2024  
2022-2023 Olympic College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Enrollment Information

This section provides information about applying to Olympic College, financial aid, assessment testing, the advising process, registration, and more. 

Getting Started at Olympic College

Step-by-step instructions for new and continuing students.

Apply for Admission

New Students

  • Online: Visit Olympic.edu and click the red “Apply Now” button to get started.
  • In person: Fill out and return a paper application available to download online or at any of our campuses. Individual help is available at the Welcome Center.

You will receive an admissions acceptance email with your ctcLink ID and important information.

Current Students - Skip to “Attend an Advising Session”.

Visit Olympic.edu and search “Getting Started.” 
welcome@olympic.edu, 360-475-7279

Fund Your Education

Visit Olympic.edu and search “Financial Aid.”
financialaid@olympic.edu, 360-475-7650

Math/English Placement

  • Get information about the Accuplacer Assessment and schedule your assessment for English and/or math on the Olympic College website, or contact your local campus about walk-in availability.
  • Submit unofficial transcripts from prior institutions if you have taken college-level English or math before. For more information, visit the Meeting Prerequisites webpage.

There is a $22 non-refundable fee to take the Accuplacer.

Visit Olympic.edu and search “Assessment.”
accuplacerquestions@olympic.edu, 360-475-7238

Attend an Advising Session

New Students

  • Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation offers important information to make your advising and registration successful for your first term and beyond. Find the orientation schedule and register for a session online, or contact the Welcome Center at welcome@olympic.edu, or 360-475-7279.
  • Contact the Advising Center to make your first advising appointment with a Student Success Coach: visit the Advising Center webpage, or call 360-475-7530.To make an appointment online, please use our online scheduling tool

Current and Former Students

  • Schedule an appointment with your Student Success Coach at the Advising Center webpage, or call 360-475-7530, or meet with your faculty advisor by contacting them directly. See the Olympic College Directory for faculty contact information.

Register for Classes

New Students

Current & Former Students

If you have not attended the previous four terms, contact the Welcome Center.

Visit Olympic.edu and search “Register.”
registration@olympic.edu, 360-475-7650

Pay your Tuition and Fees

Payment is due by the first day of the term. If registering after this date, payment is due within 48-hours of registering.

Visit Olympic.edu and search “Cashier.”
CashierOffice@olympic.edu, 360-475-7181

Buy Books

bnbookstore@olympic.edu, 360-475-7420

Admissions Eligibility

Olympic College is an “open door” college, and students from all walks of life and educational backgrounds are invited to attend. To be eligible for general admission to the College, one of the following is required:

  • 18 years of age or older, or
  • High school or GED graduation, or
  • A written release from the high school district

Applicants under the age of 16 are not usually offered general admission. Please contact registration@olympic.edu for information on students under the age of 16 years. 

Some programs require special applications, admission, permission or faculty advising before enrollment. See “Additional Admission Procedures” in this section.

If you are interested in non-credit admission, see Community Education in this section.

Contact Information
Welcome Center - Admissions
Bldg. 4, Rm. 105
360-475-7279, welcome@olympic.edu
Welcome Center

Application Processes

New Student Admission

New students should follow the “Getting Started” process.

For general admissions, the free application for admission is required. Apply online with the state Online Admissions Application by visiting Olympic.edu and clicking the red “Apply Now” button in the upper right corner of the page. Paper applications are available at any campus and available for download on the Apply to Olympic College webpage.

Official transcripts for coursework completed at other colleges or universities are not required for admission. However, previous coursework may count for prerequisites or transfer credit toward Olympic College degrees or certificates. Visit the Olympic College Academic Transfer webpage for more information. 

Additional Admission Procedures

Some programs require general admission and program specific admission. Application deadlines and entrance requirements must be met.

There are additional admission requirements for:

Adult Basic Education, High School Diploma Program, Running Start, International Students, Health Occupations (Nursing/Healthcare, Medical Assisting, Physical Therapist Assistant), and bachelor’s degrees. 

Continuing Student Admission

Students who continue from the previous term must follow the items 4-7 under ”Getting Started.”

Former Olympic College Students

Former students who wish to return to the college after being away for four or more terms should email the Welcome Center at welcome@olympic.edu or login to the Student Services Virtual Office to confirm program/plan and request a “time to register.” Former students who have been away for three or fewer terms should check the ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard for their time to register (see “Getting Started”). Former students should not submit a new online or paper application for admission, but contact the Welcome Center for their ctcLink ID. Former students should contact a Student Success Coach in the Advising Center or a faculty advisor in their program of study to discuss their education plan and to receive program updates before registration. 

Transfer Student Admission

Applicants who have completed college-level course work at other colleges, universities or through military training may apply for admission online and select “transfer” as their Admit Type. Official transfer credit evaluations are processed after the second week of the first term of attendance or when all official transcripts have been received. Submit the Transcript Evaluation Request form and official transcripts to the Registration & Records office. For more information, visit the Transfer Credit Evaluation webpage. 

New transfer students must take an official or unofficial copy of their transcript to their advising appointment (before classes start) for an unofficial evaluation and to meet prerequisites by permission code.

Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Filmmaking (BAS DF) Admissions

Students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Filmmaking program must meet the application and entrance requirements to be considered. For application and entrance requirements, visit the Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Filmmaking webpage. 

Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Systems (BAS IS) Admission

Students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Systems program must meet the application and entrance requirements to be considered. Visit the Information Systems: Bachelor of Applied Science webpage for more information. 

Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Admission

Students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program must meet the application and entrance requirements to be considered. Admission is competitive. Visit the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program webpage for special application and entrance requirements.

Bachelor of Applied Science in Organizational Leadership and Technical Management (BAS OLTM) Admissions

Students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Applied Science in Organizational Leadership and Technical Management must meet the application and entrance requirements to be considered. Visit the Bachelor of Applied Science in Organizational Leadership and Technical Management webpage for application and entrance requirements.

International Student Admission

Students are admitted to summer, fall, winter, or spring terms and should apply early enough to: (a) allow time for the processing of a student visa, (b) make travel arrangements, and (c) arrive at least one week before the term starts to attend orientation and register for classes. Enrollment in a minimum of 12 credits is required, unless students need to take intensive English, which is 18 credits.

For complete application materials and admission steps, visit the International Education & Study Abroad webpage

For more information, contact: 360-475-7412 or international@olympic.edu.

Depending on the level of English skills and interests, students may enroll in a variety of educational programs. Intensive English provides language skills, cultural knowledge and experience needed to use English effectively, communicate and succeed in academics and the workplace, and provides opportunities for personal growth. International students may enroll or co-enroll in the high school diploma completion program, college preparatory courses, university transfer studies career, and professional degrees and certificate programs. International students learn and practice English skills while they complete freshman and sophomore-level classes in academic, career, professional and technical programs, pursue degrees and certificates, and prepare for transfer to a university to complete a four-year bachelor’s degree. Guaranteed transfer admission is conditionally offered to admitted international students who graduate from Olympic College with an associate degree to selected universities in Washington, Montana, Arizona, California and Tennessee. Contact the Office of International Education for a list of partner universities.

International students who graduate with associate degrees have been admitted to universities throughout the United States and transfer as third year juniors.

Community Education Admission

Community Education classes offer many opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment for the community. Schedules are flexible and classes are offered throughout the year. Classes are open to the public. Students do not have to be enrolled in Olympic College degree programs to attend. To register, students should visit the Olympic College Community Education webpage. A selection of community education classes is available each term, a comprehensive list of classes is available on the webpage at the web address above.

High School Programs and Admissions Processes

Individuals who want to earn a Washington state high school diploma from Olympic College have several alternatives.

Running Start

Running Start is a dual enrollment program created by the Washington State Legislature to expand educational opportunities for high school juniors and seniors. Running Start students can enroll in college-level classes, tuition-free, for up to 15 credits or a maximum of 1.2 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) combined between the high school and college. Students are responsible for any tuition above 15 credits, or 1.2 FTE, and for any coursework taken below college-level or during summer term. Students are also responsible for college fees, transportation and book expenses.

Eligibility Requirements:
High school juniors and seniors who wish to enroll as Running Start must:

  • Be under the age of 21
  • Be classified as a junior or senior
  • Have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or above*
  • Qualify for college-level English and/or math**
  • Have not earned all credits/received a high school diploma (GED excluded)

Running Start applicants who meet the eligibility criteria listed above are encouraged to apply to the Running Start program by the priority deadlines listed below. Late applications will be accepted until the Wednesday prior to the start of the term.

*Students may appeal the required 2.5 cumulative GPA by submitting an appeal letter with their Running Start application addressing their academic performance and describing traits, skills and habits that demonstrate readiness for college classes.

**Students who do not place into college-level English and/or math, who want to experience a collegiate environment while continuing to develop their computation and reading/writing skills outside of Running Start, may enroll in a limited selection of Olympic College courses identified below:

  • Classes designated as “Skills Performance (H/SP)” Specific ART, DRMA, MUSC courses
  • Physical Education Department Classes: Any PE-FSP or PE-RD
  • General Studies Department Classes: Any GEN-S course

Priority applications due:

May 1   Fall term entry
Nov. 1   Winter term entry
Feb. 1   Spring term entry

The Running Start application steps include: applying to Olympic College, taking the Accuplacer assessment test, or using the student’s high school transcript for placement, and submitting the Running Start online application form with a copy of the student’s high school transcript, assessment scores, and the Running Start Student/Parent Agreement form. Detailed application and eligibility guidelines are outlined on the Running Start webpage.

All eligible students are required to complete a Running Start orientation to learn about the college and Running Start program procedures. Additionally, Running Start participants must submit a completed Running Start Enrollment Verification Form and meet with a Running Start staff member in order to enroll each term.

Once enrolled, Running Start students are considered regular college students who are subject to campus policies, procedures and student privacy regulations. Running Start students may participate in any college-level classes fall, winter and spring terms including distance education offerings at the Bremerton, Poulsbo and Shelton campuses.

Contact Information
Running Start
Bldg. 4, Rm. 208
360-475-7646, runningstart@olympic.edu
Running Start webpage
Running Start Virtual Office

High School Completion Program

You may enroll in pre-college and/or college-level courses to meet state requirements. Courses will show on the Olympic College transcript and may be applied to an associate degree. Students must have a release from their high school to attend classes at Olympic College if they are under the age of 18, or if their graduating class has not yet graduated. The first step is to get all official high school or college transcripts and make an appointment with an Olympic College Counselor who will explain the process and assess transcripts to determine what requirements are not met.

All students under the age of 21 must complete all graduation requirements including non-credit requirements (i.e., High School and Beyond Plan, state testing, and graduation pathway requirements), regardless of whether they are earning a diploma from a traditional high school or through a community college. Please email CounselingServices@olympic.edu for more information or to make an appointment.

High School+ 

High School + (HS+) is a competency-based diploma program for adult learners 18 and older who do not have a high school diploma or equivalency who demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and math in the context of science, history, government, art, health, occupational studies, and digital literacy. 

All students under the age of 21 must complete all graduation requirements including non-credit requirements (i.e., High School and Beyond Plan, state testing, and graduation pathway requirements), regardless of whether they are earning a diploma from a traditional high school or through a community college. Please email transitionalstudies@olympic.edu for more information and to schedule an appointment.

GED® test

The GED® test is made up of 4 subjects, broken into separate exams. You don’t have to take all 4 tests at once - you can space them out however it suits you and go at your own pace. Students can earn their high school equivalency diploma by taking the four tests online with Olympic College Testing Center.

The Transitional Studies office offers non-credit courses intended to prepare students to take the GED® test. Please email transitionalstudies@olympic.edu for more information and to schedule an appointment.

Request A High School Diploma with a Degree

Individuals who enroll at Olympic College and complete an associate degree (two-year diploma) of any type may also submit a written request and be awarded a high school diploma from Olympic College. The law is retroactive and is valid before and after the law went into effect. For more infomation, email Successcoaches@olympic.edu.

Career and Technical Education (CTE) Dual Credit (formerly called Tech Prep) - West Sound Education Consortium

CTE Dual Credit offers high school students the opportunity to start professional/technical training programs while still in high school. Via articulation agreements between Olympic College and the high schools, high school students in selected programs can earn both high school and Olympic College credits at the same time, provided they earn a “B” or better in the high school course. Education partners include Olympic College, Kitsap and Mason county school districts and the West Sound Technical Skills Center. For information on programs and application requirements, visit the Tech Prep Dual Credit webpage.

Financial Aid

Financial aid is available at Olympic College to those who qualify. Types of financial aid include scholarships, grants, loans, and institutional aid. To apply for financial aid, first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). Visit the Olympic College Financial Aid website for more information. Visit the Welcome Center if you have any questions.

See Workforce Education Programs for additional funding sources for students.

Veterans benefit information and assistance is available to those who qualify. Visit the Military & Veteran Programs website for more information. 

Federal Financial Aid Eligibility

To qualify for federal financial aid, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • Have completed a high school diploma or GED or meet Ability to Benefit requirements.
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Have a valid social security number (unless you are from the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia or the Republic of Palau).
  • Not be in default status on a federal student loan or owe a repayment on a federal grant.
  • Be pursuing a degree or certificate in an eligible program and have an Olympic College goal.
  • Must have filed your federal tax return for applicable tax year, if required to file.
  • Students who don’t meet federal financial aid eligibility should alternatively fill out the WASFA application.

The college uses information from the FAFSA to determine need and eligibility for various forms of financial aid. The amount of financial aid awarded varies based on need and cannot exceed the school’s established cost of attendance. Cost of Attendance is established each year and includes estimated tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board, personal, transportation, and miscellaneous. Cost of Attendance varies based on dependency and residency status. Olympic College establishes its Cost of Attendance according to the Washington Financial Aid Association (WFAA). Visit the Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions webpage, for more information about the Cost of Attendance.

Application Procedure

To apply for financial aid, students must complete:

  • FAFSA, or WASFA for each year enrolled
  • Olympic College Institutional Form 
  • Verification Worksheet or other tasks assigned in your ctcLink Student Checklist (if requested)

The FAFSA is available Oct. 1. Apply early, online, at: fafsa. For those without easy access to computers, paper FAFSA applications may be downloaded from the website. Once you have completed and submitted your FAFSA, allow two to four business days for the college to receive your application.

Undocumented Students

State aid is now available for undocumented students by completing the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WAFSA) application. Visit: Ready. Set. Grad for more information and to apply. Once you have completed the WASFA application, follow the same procedure as stated above and monitor the Portal for updates and information.

Financial Aid Awards and Disbursement of Funds

When you are awarded financial aid you may register for classes. Those who register for classes before being awarded are responsible for payment of tuition. Financial aid is not disbursed to the college until the first day of each term. Applicants with awards in excess of tuition and fees will receive a disbursement refund. Olympic College has partnered with Bank Mobile, a third-party provider approved by the Department of Education, to issue disbursement refunds to Olympic College students. For more information about Bank Mobile and the refund selection options. Visit the Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions webpage.

Financial Aid Available: Grants, Work-study, Loans & Scholarships

Need-based financial aid programs include: federal, state, and institutional grants, work-study, and subsidized student loans. Scholarships can be based on need, merit, achievement, or a combination. Olympic College participates in the following financial aid programs:

  • Grants: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Opportunity Grant, Washington College Grant, Olympic College grant, Olympic College tuition waiver.
  • Work-Study: Federal and state.
  • Loans: Federal Direct Loan, Federal PLUS Loan, non-federal education loans (credit-based; FAFSA not required).
  • Scholarships: For more information about scholarships, see “Scholarships” section.

Satisfactory Academic Progress; Student Rights and Responsibilities

All FAFSA applicants awarded financial aid are required (by the Department of Education) to register for classes in their programs of study AND to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress. Satisfactory Academic Progress is assessed after the end of each term. Financial aid recipients who do not meet GPA requirements may be placed on warning or have future aid canceled. Those who do not finish a term may be required to repay all or part of any financial aid they received for that term. To learn more about Olympic College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress policy and student rights and responsibilities, visit the Financial Aid Frequently Asked Question webpage. 

Maximum Time Frame

Maximum Time Frame (MTF) is a component of Satisfactory Academic Progress that monitors the amount of overall credits a student earns in their program. If a student is approaching their credit limit in relation to their financial aid eligibility, the student will be required to file an extension. If the extension is approved, the student will be granted financial aid only for the courses/terms indicated in their approved academic plan.


Scholarships administered by the Financial Aid Office

Scholarships are based on varying criteria (financial need, academic achievement, area of study, etc.). Interested students should review their eligibility and apply during the announced scholarship application period for the upcoming academic year. For more detailed information and a list of available scholarships, visit the Olympic College Scholarship Opportunities webpage.

Scholarships administered by the Olympic College Foundation

You’ve got big dreams. The Olympic College Foundation is here to help you achieve them. The Foundation awards more than 200 scholarships each year based on a wide variety of criteria set by donors, including financial need, academic merit, community service and area of study. The average award is $1,900, which goes a long way toward the college’s annual $4,000 tuition. It’s easy to apply at Olympic.AwardSpring.com. After you create a free account, simply complete the application and upload your transcript and recommendation letters. AwardSpring will automatically match you with appropriate scholarships. Scholarship season typically begins in early January and awards are announced in June. Learn more at OlympicCollegeFoundation.org/scholarships or contact foundation@olympic.edu or 360-475-7120.


Placement Assessment (Accuplacer)

Accuplacer scores provide information to students and advisors that will help determine a student’s placement and readiness to enter college-level courses. Most students must complete Olympic College’s placement assessment if they plan to register for English or mathematics courses or any course that requires an English or mathematics prerequisite.

There is a non-refundable $22 fee for each Accuplacer attempt. Students are permitted to take the assessment three times in a calendar year for placement purposes.

If the Accuplacer assessment was taken at another community or technical college within the last two years, these results may be used for placement into Olympic College courses. Please contact the college at which the Accuplacer assessment was taken and have them email an official score report to us at: accuplacerquestions@olympic.edu.

Students may also request to have transcripts reviewed if there is credit for prior college coursework in English or mathematics. Consult with an advisor for more information regarding transcript review for this purpose. If any other placement test was taken at another Washington state community or technical college within the past one calendar year, this may also be used for placement. Check the catalog section on Reciprocity under Academic Information  to learn more.

If the Accuplacer or any other placement tool was not taken, or if there are no transcripts with prior credits for evaluation, then the Olympic College Accuplacer assessment must be taken. Students must have a valid photo ID and a ctcLink number to take the Accuplacer for placement at Olympic College.

For more information and to schedule your Accuplacer, please visit the Assessment & Testing Services webpage. 

Smarter Balanced Assessment and High School Transcript Placement

Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) Scores can be used as placement into ENGL&101 at Olympic College. SBA scores for English expire in April following their predicted graduation year. For example, student took SBA during 11th grade in school year 2019-2020, scores then expires in Spring 2021.

Our Math Department established a process to use the student’s high school transcript for placement as opposed to using SBA scores for math placement. The student needs to have taken a full year’s worth of the math class and received a B or better in their last semester. This placement expires two years after the class was taken, with fall being the last term the student can use it. For example, Pre-Calculus was taken during 11th grade in school year 2019-2020, placement will expire Fall 2021.

There is an online form that students can us to fill out and attach their SBA scores or high school transcript. The form can be found at the Meeting Prerequisites webpage, under Assessment and Testing.


Student Success Coaches help new, returning, and continuing students explore, clarify and achieve their educational goals. They support students on their path to completion by assisting with quarterly course selection, educational planning, transfer planning and student success strategies. All students are assigned to a Student Success Coach based on their pathway of study. Specialized advising is available for nursing, military connected and Running Start students.

Advising Locations:

Olympic College Bremerton Advising Center
Advising Center
Bldg. 4, Rm. 203
1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337

Olympic College Poulsbo
1000 Olympic College Place N.W.
Poulsbo, WA 98370

Olympic College Shelton
937 W. Alpine Way
Shelton, WA 98584

Olympic College Advising Office

Advising for nursing, military connected and Running Start students: contact the offices indicated below. 

Bldg. 5, Rm 341
1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337
Olympic College Nursing Division

Military & Veterans Programs
Bldg. 11, Rm. 100
1600 Chester Ave, Bremerton, WA 98337
Olympic College Military & Veteran Programs

Running Start
Bldg. 4, Rm. 208
1600 Chester Ave, Bremerton, WA 98337
Olympic College Running Start

Providers of Advising at Olympic College

At Olympic College, each student has an advising team that will support them for their entire educational journey. New students will be assigned to a Success Coach based on their general area of interest (i.e. science and math, nursing, business, social sciences & humanities, professional/technical). Additionally, once a student has determined the specific academic program they wish to pursue, the Success Coach will assign the student to the Faculty Advisor in their area of study. Both the Success Coach and the Faculty Advisor are assigned to the student for the student’s entire time at Olympic College. If a student is undecided about their area of study, or is struggling to overcome challenges that are affecting their academic success, they are encouraged to meet with a Counselor for in-depth career and educational exploration.

What is the difference between a Student Success Coach, a faculty advisor, and a counselor?

  • Student Success Coaches conduct most of the new student advising appointments. Coaches are assigned to students based on the student’s particular program or area of study. They assist with the exploration of academic and career goals, understanding the higher education system, development of education plans, course selection, navigation of campus resources and administration requirements, and referrals to community resources. Coaches continue to serve as a resource for students for the student’s entire Olympic College career.
  • Faculty Advisors teach classes as well as serve as the student’s primary advisor in their specific discipline or technical area of study. They work with students on focused and in-depth discipline-specific educational, transfer and career planning. Faculty Advisors are assigned by the student’s Success Coach as soon as a student declares their intended field of study and remain working with the student through graduation.
  • Counselors are licensed professionals who help students manage everyday challenges and achieve life goals. They provide personal and career counseling, academic advising, and academic and crisis intervention. Counselors also assist students who have not completed high school identify alternatives to meet state requirements. Each counselor has their own approach to counseling depending on the unique experiences of students.

Academic Planning

New and returning students should attend the New Student Orientation and meet with a Student Success Coach before enrolling in their first term of classes. Academic advising is highly encouraged for all continuing students each term to make sure they are on track toward completing their degree.

Students are recommended to develop an academic plan (MAP) with their faculty advisor before completing 45 credits. An academic plan is a “road map” to help students stay on track to graduate, as well as plan for transferring to a four-year college or university. Contact your faculty advisor or Student Success Coach as soon as possible to begin the academic planning process.

NOTE: International Students, Running Start and Work First students are required to meet with their funding program office each term.

Exploring Major and Program Options (Career Counseling)

New, returning or continuing students who are undecided or exploring educational/career options may schedule to meet with a counselor at 360-475-7540 or counselingservices@olympic.edu. For more information, visit the Career Counseling webpage. The Career Center is another option to research career fields and employment opportunities. Find out more about the Career Center’s services on the Career Center webpage.

Transfer Student Advising

If students are transferring from another college or university, visit the Transfer webpage to learn how to have previous classes reviewed for Olympic College credit. Students can make an appointment with a Student Success Coach to review unofficial transcripts for placement while waiting for official transcripts to be evaluated.

Students planning to transfer to four-year colleges and universities should work closely with an advisor at the planned institution before finalizing their academic plan at Olympic College. Faculty advisors and Student Success Coaches will work with students to create academic plans that incorporate transfer requirements. 

Colleges and universities are invited to Olympic College each term to meet with students and share information about their transfer programs.


Stay on Track with Advising!

Use these guidelines to reach your academic goal!

Prepare for College!

New Student Advising

Attend a New Student Orientation session. After the session, meet one-on-one with a Student Success Coach to plan your first term.

Attend an Information Session to explore areas of interest: Advising & Information Session webpage

  • Determine which math and English courses to start with.
  • Request Advanced Placement scores or transcripts from previous colleges.

Up to 15 credits

Advising is Highly Recommended: Begin to Create Your Academic Plan.

Meet with a Student Success Coach or faculty advisor, or schedule an appointment with a counselor if you are still undecided.

Explore degree options and requirements. Begin to create your academic plan.


  • Learn to use the class schedule and catalog to choose classes.
  • Locate and use campus support services.
  • Research career options at the Career Center.
  • Select a faculty advisor in major area of interest.

By 30 credits

Advising is Highly Recommended: Review Your Academic Plan

Meet with your Student Success Coach or faculty advisor to discuss majors or career choices that match your interests and abilities. Use this information to develop your academic plan.


  • Explore or identify appropriate major, program or goal.
  • Know degree or program requirements.
  • Develop an academic plan using My Academic Plan.

By 45 credits

Advising is Highly Recommended:  Get Your Academic Plan Approved.

Meet with your faculty advisor to approve your academic plan.


  • Meet with admissions/major advisor at potential transfer universities.
  • Include university pre-requisites in your academic plan.
  • Get help with letters of recommendation and/or admission essays.

By 60 credits

Meet with Your Faculty Advisor to Review Progress toward Completion.

Ask your faculty advisor to check your degree progress before registering for your last term to be sure you are on track to graduate.


  • Submit applications to potential colleges or universities.
  • Research and apply for aid and scholarships.
  • Arrange internships in your field of study at the Career Center.
  • Make connections early! Send resume to potential employers.

By 90 credits

Meet with Your Faculty Advisor to Review Your Graduation Application.

Submit an application to graduate when you reach 75 credits. Note: a faculty advisor signature is required for certain degrees and certificates.

Discuss your future plans, choices and decisions.


  • Finish final degree or program requirements for graduation.
  • Graduate - Congratulations!
Note: International, Running Start and Work First students are required to meet with the education program advisor each term to ensure compliance with the program requirements. This requirement does not replace regular meetings with a faculty advisor


Registration includes selection of courses, completion of registration either online  using ctcLink or in person, and payment of tuition and fees.

Students must be officially enrolled to attend classes. Registration is held before the start of each term, and registration dates are listed on the Olympic College website.

The class schedule is available online through the ctcLink Student Homepage, Mobile Dashboard and on the Olympic College website.

Students may register for classes offered through the Bremerton, Poulsbo and Shelton campuses. 

If prospective students have not applied for admission to the college, they must do so prior to registration. See “Getting Started“ for instructions.

Registration: New, Continuing and Former Students

New Students and Transfer Students

Before registration, new students and new transfer students should participate in advising at the Bremerton Advising Center or advising locations at the Poulsbo or Shelton campuses. Advising assistance for active duty military and their family members is available at Naval Base Kitsap Bangor or Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton by appointment by calling 360-473-2821.

Transfer students should take a copy of transcripts to their advising appointment. See “Transfer Student Admission” in this catalog or online at the Olympic College Academic Transfer webpage for complete information. After advising, new students and new transfer students with signature and entry codes may register for classes online through ctcLink or in-person at any campus. Payment may be made in-person or online via the ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard at olympic.edu. Registration is not complete until payment is made.

Continuing Students

Continuing students can find their “time to register” on the ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard at olympic.edu. Continuing students may register and pay online using ctcLink or in-person at any campus. See “Registration Options” on this page for more information.

Former Students

Former students who have not attended during the previous four terms must be assigned a “time to register.” Login to the Student Services Virtual Office or send an email request to welcome@olympic.edu. After registration, students may pay online or in-person at any campus. See “Registration Options” on this page for more information.

“Your Time to Register”

Registration times are based on the total number of credits completed and listed on the college transcript, including up to 70 transfer credits. This method allows those most in need of specific courses required for graduation or program completion to have the first opportunity to register each term.

Per RCW 28B.15.624, Olympic College offers an early course registration period for eligible veterans using veteran benefits, and National Guard members.

Registration Options

1. Web Registration (ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard)

All students can select classes, register, and pay using the ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard(Also see “Get Started”)

Register online from home, campus computers or kiosks. Log into ctcLink to see a complete list of options including: grades, print unofficial transcripts, add and drop classes, and pay online. For online course information, search by class schedule.

2. In Person

Students may register in person at any campus registration office.

Waitlists and Over-Enrollment

Students may be placed on a waitlist for a “full” course if the prerequisite has been met. If an opening occurs, the student’s name will automatically move from the waitlist to the class roster.

Students should check their schedule listed on the ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard regularly for their registration status. The automatic registration may increase the tuition owed.

Tuition must be paid by the first day of the term or the waitlisted registration will be administratively dropped.

  1. Waitlist restrictions
  • Time conflicts: (overlapping times): If the selected waitlist contains a time conflict with another class, registration staff may remove the restricted class/waitlist from the student’s registration schedule.
  • Three-course limit: Students are limited to three waitlisted enrollment entries at any one time.
  1. Over-Enrollment: Waitlisted students who have not gained entry to a course before the first day of the term should attend the first class. The instructor may sign an Over-Enrollment form which will permit the student to register. The Over-Enrollment form must be submitted to the Registration & Records Office immediately. Students can also email instructors for permission to over enroll. If permission is granted by the instructor, that email should be forwarded to registration@olympic.edu and the student will be added to the class. Always include student ctcLink ID and specific class section number when making this request.
  2. For more information, see the Olympic College How to Register webpage

Permission Code

Permission codes may be obtained from an advisor or the instructor of the course and expire after one use. The code provides a way for students to register online or in person for:

a) a class that requires instructor permission, or

b) a class that has a prerequisite block.

Prerequisite Block

Many classes require completion of a prerequisite.

  • For specific prerequisites, see class details in the online schedule at Olympic.edu.
  • For more information on English and mathematics prerequisites, see “Assessment“ in this catalog.
  • If the prerequisite was completed at another college or university, present the appropriate unofficial transcript to the faculty or Advising Center or submit a prerequisite review request form.

Add, Drop, Complete Withdrawal, Late-starting Classes

Add/drop dates are listed on the Academic Calendar available on the Olympic College website.

In general, the following procedures apply:

Before the Term Starts

  • Students may add (providing prerequisites/admission requirements have been met), drop, or completely withdraw via ctcLink or in person.

Day One Through Day Three of the Term

  • Students may register for open courses through day three. Note: During the first week of the term, some classes may not be available after a designated day.
  • Waitlisted students may register for full courses only with instructor signature or “Over-Enrollment” form.
  • Students may drop courses via ctcLink or in person at the Welcome Center.

Day Four Through Day 10 of the Term

  • Students may add courses with instructor signature via in-person registration or by obtaining instructor permission via email and forwarding that email to registration@olympic.edu and including student ctcLink number and specific class section number.
  • Students may drop courses via ctcLink or in-person.
  • Withdrawal from courses allowed for the first 10 days without transcript notation.

Day 11 Through 60% of the term

  • Withdrawal from a course with a “W” grade noted on the transcript is allowed to the end of 60% of the term. Check the Academic Calendar for applicable dates. 

After 60% of the term

  • Course withdrawal with “W” grade noted on the transcript requires approval of the Registrar. The “Registrar’s Petition” form must be completed and filed with the Registrar for consideration.

Complete Withdrawal

To withdraw from all courses after the tenth day of the term, students must withdraw on the ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard or complete an “Add/Drop” form and return it to the Welcome Center, or write and mail a letter to the Registration office asking for complete withdrawal. Students who stop attending courses but do not withdraw officially may be assigned a fail grade by their instructor. Students who receive veteran benefits or financial aid must obtain a signature from the appropriate office prior to withdrawal.

Financial aid recipients who stop attending all courses prior to 60% of the term will usually owe a repayment of financial aid.

Late-starting/Continuous Enrollment Courses

Late-starting and continuous enrollment courses are open for registration according to the dates printed in Olympic College’s quarterly class schedule or on a pro-rated schedule based on the class start date.


Regular attendance in all classes of enrollment is required. Non-attendance does not constitute an official drop from a course or withdrawal from the college. Filing an official drop form is expected and required.

Administrative Drop for Non-Attendance

Instructors may file an administrative drop if students

(a) do not attend the first three class periods of a day course or the first two periods of an evening course, or

(b) have not met the required course prerequisite.

In the event of an unavoidable absence, students have the option to contact their instructors to request an exception to this action so they will not be dropped from the class for non-attendance.

CAUTION: Not all instructors will use the administrative drop option and will award a “fail” grade for non-attendance. Students should not expect to be administratively withdrawn for non-attendance.

Tuition and Fees

Olympic College offers tuition rates for resident, U.S. citizen non-residents and international students. Tuition and fees may be paid using Visa, MasterCard, debit card (with Visa logo), check, money order or cash.

Please visit Olympic College Tuition and Fees webpage for current tuition and fee rates.

Olympic College tuition and fee rates are subject to change by the Board of Trustees and/or the Washington State Legislature.

Tuition Payment Plan

The Tuition Payment Plan allows students to make automatic monthly payments on your tuition related charges only and is available through Nelnet Business Solutions. Down payment is due at time of payment plan sign-up with a $25.00 sign-up fee per term. If your enrollment fee or down payment fails, your Tuition Payment Plan will be terminated and you will be subject to the college’s policy for non payment and will risk being dropped from classes. You must sign up each term for the Tuition Payment Plan. For more information contact the Cashier’s office at 360-475-7181 or by email at cashieroffice@olympic.edu.

Fee Information

All students in credit classes are charged the following fees each term, including summer session. Any increases to fees will become effective fall term.

Student Service: $2/credit (up to 10 credits, maximum $20)
Technology*: $5/credit up to 10 credits (maximum $50)

*Technology Fee exemptions: apprentice trade theory courses, zero-credit, and adult basic education.

Security Enhancement: $20 The Security Enhancement Fee is charged for courses held at the Bremerton, Poulsbo and Shelton campuses.

Testing Fees

  • Accuplacer: $22 (non-refundable)
  • Accuplacer Test Retake: $22 (nonrefundable)
  • Biology Placement Test Fee: $10
  • Chemistry Placement Test Fee: $10
  • Proctor Test Fee: $25 (non-Olympic College, outside institutions)
  • GED test series, visit the Olympic College High School Alternatives webpage for more info. 

Other Fees

  • Online: $4/credit
  • Adult Basic Education: $25/term (includes all tuition/fees)
  • USB Fee: $8

* Fees listed in this publication are accurate as of the time of printing. For current tuition and fee rates, visit the Olympic College Tuition and Fees webpage.

Class Fees

Some classes require additional fees. If applicable, the specific amount of the fee appears in the class listing on ctcLink Student Homepage or Mobile Dashboard.

Drop for Non-payment

Students are responsible for officially withdrawing from any classes they are not attending. If you do not officially withdraw, you are responsible for any outstanding tuition and fees. Contact Registration & Records to officially withdraw at registration@olympic.edu.

How to Pay

  • Online: Olympic College accepts Visa and Mastercard only. Visit the Cashier’s Office webpage for instructions on how to pay online using ctcLink
  • By phone: Cashier 360-475-7181 and pay by Visa or Mastercard. The Cashier’s Office experiences a high volume of calls during peak registration, please be patient.
  • In person: At the Bremerton Cashier’s Office, Shelton main office and Poulsbo Student Services Office. Olympic College accepts check, money order, cash, personal checks for the exact amount of tuition and fees, Visa and MasterCard or debit card.
  • Student Service Virtual Office: Visit the Student Services Virtual Office or dial in with your phone: 1-253-215-8782 Enter Meeting ID: 693 824 6429.

NOTE: Active-duty students may be eligible to use military tuition assistance to pay for classes. For details, contact the Military & Veteran Program Education Specialist at 360-473-2821.


Refunds are issued for partial or full withdrawal from classes only if the student officially withdraws; either online through ctcLink or in-person by submitting an “Add/Drop” form to the Welcome Center. Online access is available at olympic.edu.

For Credit Courses

Refunds may be made for tuition and fees according to the official refund policy listed below:

  • 100% refund prior to the 5th instructional day of the quarter
  • 50% refund through the 20th calendar day of the quarter

For Courses Less than 13 Weeks in Length

  • Refund is prorated

For Continuing Education (Zero Credit) Classes

  • 100% - classes and workshops canceled by Olympic College
  • 100% - withdrawal through five days prior to class start date
  • 90% - withdrawal four days through one day prior to the class start date
  • 0% - withdrawal as of class start date

Transfers to other continuing education classes five days prior to class start date are allowed.

Refund Processing Time

  • Original payment made by cash or check: The refund will be made by check and mailed to the address on file with the college within ten business days of the request.
  • Original payment made by credit/debit card made in person or over the phone will be refunded as a check and mailed to the address on file with in 3 - 5 business days.
  • Original payment made by credit/debit card made online will be refunded as a credit back on to the charge card 

Tuition Waivers

Olympic College participates in several tuition waivers. Please visit Tuition Funding Opportunities webpage for a current listing of waiver rates.

Mandatory Waivers

  • Running Start: Eligible low income students meeting fee waiver criteria will have all mandatory fees and tuition waived for enrollment in credits over 15 or over combined 1.2 Full Time Equivalent (FTE). Does not include consumable program fees. Contact the Running Start Office or visit the Olympic College Running Start webpage for the fee waiver application form.
  • Washington State 100%: All tuition and fees are waived for a child or spouse of an eligible veteran or National Guard member who became totally disabled or lost their life while engaged in active federal military or naval service. For information, contact 360-473-2821, MVP@olympic.edu, or visit the Military & Veteran Programs website.
  • Children and spouse of deceased or disabled law enforcement officers of firefighters: A 50% waiver of tuition for children or surviving spouses of deceased or disabled law enforcement officers or firefighters who have died or become totally disabled in the line of duty. The student must begin their course of study within 10 years of high school graduation.
  • Wrongfully convicted individual, their children and stepchildren: All tuition and fees are waived for a wrongfully convicted individual awarded compensation per RCW 4.100.060, their children and stepchildren. Following limitations apply: wrongfully convicted person must be a Washington domiciliary; the child must be a Washington domiciliary ages 17 through 26 years of age, continued participation subject to school’s satisfactory progress policy; recipients may attend full or part time; total credits earned may not exceed 200 term credits.

Optional Waivers

  • Adult Basic Education
  • Active Duty Military/Dependents and WA National Guard/Dependents
  • Athletic Waiver (must have approval of Athletic Dept.)
  • High School Completion (maximum credits: resident-45, non-resident-45)
  • Adult High School waiver eligibility is determined by an Olympic College Counselor. Must be 19 years of age or older.
  • Parent Education Co-Op
  • Senior Citizens (audit only): (60 years of age or older; limited to two classes quarterly on a space available basis)
  • Veterans, for current information on veterans waivers, please visit the Olympic College Military & Veteran Programs website.

Vocational Waivers (More Than 18 Credits)

  • A partial waiver of tuition may be approved for vocational students in programs that require registration in more than 18 credits a term. Forms are available at the Workforce Development Office, Bldg. 5, Rm. 421.

Washington State Residency for Tuition Purposes

Washington state residency status determines the students’ cost of tuition for most college credit classes. Visit the Olympic College Registration Residency webpage for more info. 

Military personnel stationed in Washington state and their dependents who present military ID at registration will be granted a waiver of non-resident tuition and will receive the resident rate. Residency must be verified and proven each term of enrollment.

Individuals who are non-residents or U.S. citizens MAY qualify for resident tuition if they meet certain criteria. Contact the Ranger Station for more information.

State Contribution to Tuition

The average cost to educate a resident full-time community or technical college student for the 2021-22 academic year is $12,445. Students pay an average of $3,445 in tuition toward this cost. The remaining $9,000 is an “opportunity pathway” provided by the state and is funded by state taxes and other sources. The amounts shown are averages for a full-time, resident student. The actual tuition a student pays will vary due to credit load, residency status and other factors per RCW 28B.15.0681.