2022-2023 Olympic College Catalog 
    Mar 04, 2024  
2022-2023 Olympic College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

–Other Transfer Opportunities

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: All Programs (A-Z)

Transferring with a Professional-Technical Degree

In addition to the subjects listed above, there are many other possible educational directions you may pursue after achieving your educational goals at Olympic college. For example, all Associate in Applied Science - Transfer (AAS-T) degrees are designed to transfer to at least one specific institution. Also, some colleges will accept professional-technical degrees in transfer, although usually with some limitations such as a higher GPA or minimum number of fully transferable credits.

Central Washington University’s Bachelor of Applied Science, Information Technology and Administrative Management (BAS-ITAM) degree is open to students with any applied or technical degree and at least 40 credits in an applied area. Concentrations include Administrative Management, Information Technology, and Cyber Security.

Central’s Apparel, Textiles, and Merchandising Bachelor of Science Degree program accepts six Fashion Marketing courses in transfer toward this degree. See Fashion Marketing program information for qualifying courses.

The Evergreen State College offers the “upside down transfer option” for Professional-Technical Degrees. Students must meet additional requirements. Check with The Evergreen State College for more information.

Be sure to check with an advisor at your future college before analyzing your educational plan to make sure you do not end up retaking courses. If you plan to continue your education after completing a professional-technical degree (Associate in Technical Arts or Associate in Applied Science), it is usually better to select courses which are generally accepted in transfer whenever possible. For example, choose ENGL& 101 , English Composition I, rather than BSTEC 150 , Business English; and MATH& 107 , Math in Society, rather than BMGMT 140 , Business and Personal Math. See the Associate in Arts degree for more information on which courses are fully transferable. If a given degree is not designed for transfer, the receiving college will evaluate each course transferred. Even though the DTA generally meets lower-division GUR, it is possible that not all 90 credits will be accepted due to grade, subject, or other reasons.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: All Programs (A-Z)