Return to: All Programs (A-Z)
Successful completion of this AAS program will help prepare graduates with the knowledge, skills, and ability to function effectively, either singly or as a member of a team developing a technical project, which might involve design, construction, installation, manufacturing, testing, evaluation, research, data, or maintenance.
Students of Engineering Technology will complete all of the required core classes, as well as one of the two specilization options: Engineering Technology: Pathway Technical Design, AAS or Engineering Technology: Pathway Manufacturing Machining, AAS .
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined technological activities.
- Apply their knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
- Conduct standard tests and measurements, collect data, and conduct, analyze, and interpret data and/or experiments.
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems.
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Identify and use appropriate technical literature such as blueprints and specifications.
- Engage in, and understand the need for, self-directed continuing professional development.
- Address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity. and a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Research, plan, and complete a project, including consideration for processes, budgets, material, and time