Information Systems Technologists work with businesses, governments, and other organizations that use computer hardware and software every day. They provide day-to-day support for users. They make sure all parts of a computer system work to meet the organization’s goals. They use their strong communications skills to help and work with a variety of people within an organization.
The AAS-T in Information Technology - Software Development provides students with core information technology skills in web design, networking, security, and programming, and then provides depth in software development, including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks. The program also stresses soft skills such as communication and teamwork.
Graduates are prepared for entry software development or web development positions in business-oriented environments, or for the BAS-IS program.
With one of OC’s five IT AAS-T degrees, students can transfer directly into the Olympic College Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Systems (BAS-IS) program. The Evergreen State College also offers its “Upside Down” transfer option to students completing any of the five degrees. Students planning to transfer should work closely with an advisor at the baccalaureate institution before finalizing their education plan.
- Effectively use computers to automate business information systems.
- Effectively analyze, design, and build application solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and build Web solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and deploy IT security solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively communicate in the context of common business practices.
- Work as a team member in a business information system environment to accomplish the goals of a global organization.
- Graduates will be able to follow simple and complex directions, exhibit a high level of attention to detail, and will be able to demonstrate a strong adherence to good time management practices.