2020-2021 Olympic College Catalog 
    Jun 12, 2021  
2020-2021 Olympic College Catalog

Transfer Planning

This section provides information for students who plan to transfer to a college or university in Washington state to complete a baccalaureate degree. It highlights different transfer degree areas and includes contact information for faculty advisors at OC who can help map out education plans and transfer programs of study. Students should work closely with an advisor at the baccalaureate institution where they plan to transfer before finalizing their education plans.

Reverse Transfer

Reverse transfer provides a way for students who transfer to a bachelor's degree program to earn an associate degree, even if they have not completed all associate degree requirements at the time of transfer. Students may transfer completed courses from their transfer college or university back to Olympic College (OC), to be applied to an OC associate degree. Participating institutions include all of Washington state's public four-year colleges and universities (including Western Governors', University of Washington), and Old Dominion University, among others. Students should request the OC Reverse Transfer package to initiate the process.

Advising Notes and Recommendations

  • Consult a faculty counselor if you have not decided on a future major.
  • Check with your intended transfer college or university advisor for specific admissions and major requirements. With careful planning, you may be able to fulfill both admissions and major requirements with your degree.
  • Not all courses are offered every quarter. A faculty advisor can help you plan course sequence and schedule.

NOTE: The Associate in Arts/Direct Transfer Agreement (AA/DTA) is a general transfer degree. It is not usually associated with a specific major. Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university are responsible for contacting the appropriate advisors at the institution to determine which additional classes they may need to take while attending OC. The educational plan to complete the AA/DTA and any additional classes should be made in consultation with the appropriate OC Faculty Advisor.

Baccalaureate Institutions in Washington that Subscribe to the ICRC Guidelines

Most students who plan to transfer will complete the Associate in Arts/Direct Transfer Agreement (AA/DTA) or Associate of Science (AS). These degrees are designed to meet statewide guidelines endorsed by the InterCollege Relations Commission (ICRC) to ease transfer.

The following 22 public and private baccalaureate institutions subscribe to ICRC Guidelines:

  • Bastyr University
  • Central Washington University
  • City University
  • Cornish College of the Arts
  • Eastern Washington University
  • Gonzaga University
  • Heritage College
  • Northwest Indian College
  • Northwest University
  • Pacific Lutheran University
  • Saint Martin's University
  • Seattle University
  • Seattle Pacific University
  • The Evergreen State College
  • University of Washington
  • University of Washington Bothell
  • University of Washington Tacoma
  • Washington State University
  • Washington State University Tri-Cities
  • Washington State University Vancouver
  • Western Washington University
  • Whitworth College

Many of these colleges and universities guarantee acceptance to students with the Olympic College transfer associate degree. UW-Seattle does not. Specific programs at other schools may have more stringent requirements. Check with the admissions office at the baccalaureate institution for clarification and up-to-date information.

First Year Transfer List